01. Your customer would like to install a Hitachi NAS Platform 3100 cluster into their existing 1 GbE network using optical connectors. What should you do?
a) Install NIM2 using optical SC connectors.
b) Install NIM3 with XFP optical LC connectors.
c) Install NIM3 with SC optical connectors.
d) Install NIM2 using optical LC connectors.
02. From where is the Hitachi NAS Platform 3100 and 3200 firmware loaded during the reboot process following a firmware upgrade?
a) from the external SMU
b) from the FSA/FSX module
c) from a removable media
d) from the COD on system drives
03. What are two benefits of the Clustered Name Space (CNS) feature of the Hitachi NAS Platform file system?
a) With CNS, network access to configured storage resources can be made through a single CIFS share or NFS export.
b) CNS provides the mechanism for automatic load balancing.
c) CNS virtualizes network resources, allowing multiple nodes in a cluster to appear as a single node.
d) CNS virtualizes storage resources, allowing multiple file systems to appear as a single large file system.
04. A customer has Layer 2 switches at their network core and require partitioned traffic within their environment. Which Hitachi NAS Platform advanced networking feature should you enable?
a) Set up Link Aggregation Control Protocol using a minimum of two ports on each of the customer's Layer 2 switches.
b) Turn on jumbo frames for each of the network interfaces connected to the customer's Layer 2 switches.
c) Enable VLAN tagging for the interfaces connected to the customer's Layer 2 switches.
d) Assign IP addresses that all belong to the same subnet.
05. Your customer wants to deploy a Hitachi NAS Platform disaster recovery solution with automatic failover between their two campuses 80 km apart. Which solution will meet their requirements?
a) TrueCopy Extended (TCE)
b) Hitachi NAS Platform MetroCluster
c) Hitachi Universal Replicator (HUR)
d) Hitachi NAS Platform Intelligent Data replication (IDR)
06. Which statement describes the Hitachi NAS Platform file system architecture?
a) The file system unifies directory structure and presents a single logical view.
b) The file system is not subject to fragmentation.
c) The file system size may be reduced non-disruptively.
d) The file system spans across multiple storage pools.
07. Which Fibre Channel (FC) speed settings are supported on the Hitachi NAS Platform host ports?
a) The FC host ports support 1 Gb, 2 Gb, or 4 Gb, where 1 Gb is the default.
b) The FC host ports support 1 Gb, 2 Gb, or 4 Gb, where 2 Gb is the default.
c) The FC host ports support 1 Gb, 2 Gb, or 4 Gb, where 4 Gb is the default.
d) The FC host ports support 2 Gb, 4 Gb, or 8 Gb, where 8 Gb is the default.
08. A customer wants to use Hitachi NAS Platform snapshots and asks you about file system space usage. Which two statements describe the file system space utilization when using snapshots?
a) The snapshot technique uses Copy-on-Write (CoW).
b) The snapshot delta data is in the same file system area as the live data.
c) The delta data is first copied to a differential volume before data is modified in the live file system.
d) When live data is not modified, the snapshot does not consume any space.
09. You are integrating a Hitachi NAS Platform with Hitachi Device Manager (HDvM). Which two must be configured in the agent to be able to report to the HDvM database software?
a) the account in the built-in HDvM agent
b) the default account in the HDvM agent
c) the HDvM database server
d) the account in the Windows or UNIX HDvM agent
10. What is the benefit of setting the Superflush parameter correctly?
a) to optimize the efficiency with which write requests are sent to system drives
b) to optimize the efficiency with which write requests are sent to storage pools
c) to optimize the way the Intelligent Write Cursor is used with Dynamic Write Balancing
d) to flush NVRAM to disk based upon the cache queue depth