The Cisco Certified Network Professional Service Provider certification is designed for service provider network engineers, network specialists, and systems engineers who are accountable for addressing a scalable carrier-grade infrastructure capable of rapid development to support the continuous introduction of new directed services and other client requirements.
The CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) is a prestigious certification that benefits applicants to confirm their skill troubleshoot and implementation skills in WAN and LAN networks. Along with it, it even gives acknowledgment in managing various components or problems associated with security, video, wireless and voice solutions. The CCNP service provider certification is designed typically for professionals who have at least a year of experience in the field of networking.
The applicants who successfully earned this certification recognized for having valuable skills that are essential for executing important positions like network engineer, support engineer, system engineer, network technician, and a lot more. However, it is essential to be certified by CCNA before appearing for the CCNP certifications.
CCNP Service Provider Certifications:
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (642-883 SPROUTE): The Cisco 642-883 SPROUTE certification exam measures an applicant's understanding to verify, configure, and troubleshoot routing protocols employing Cisco carrier-grade devices and Cisco IOS XR, Cisco IOS XE, and Cisco IOS software.
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Routing (642-885 SPADVOUTE): The Cisco 642-885 SPADVROUTE, certification exam tests an applicant's expertise to configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 advanced BGP configuration, IP multicasting, and IPv6 transition mechanisms in performing and supporting a service provider network. This exam comprises the Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR operating systems.
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (642-887 SPCORE): The Cisco 642-887 SPCORE exam examines an applicant's understanding of the concepts and implementation of MPLS technology and MPLS-TE services. It also confirms the understanding of technology principles of fundamental Quality of Service, and Quality of Service with Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) to implement advanced features and functions.
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (642-889 SPEDGE): The Cisco 642-889 SPEDGE certification exam tests an applicant's knowledge of service provider VPN solutions by enabling point of presence to provide Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs. This exam includes the Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR operating systems.
Importance of CCNP Service Provider Certification in Your Career
On the completion of the CCNP service provider certification, you will notice several changes in your networking career, and some of them are listed below:
- Increase in Job Prospects: There will be an immediate increase in the availability of the jobs offering those roles that demand the specialization your pose. Common examples of such jobs carry IT managers, information and computer managers, project engineers, network administrators, and computer network architect.
- Skill Recognition: Having a CCNP certification is an excellent way to confirm the skills that you empower and how it can be beneficial for different organizations. Put it directly; when you are acknowledged with the certification governed by Cisco, then you will be amongst the few professionals who have been offered with the finest training of the industry.
- Higher Salary: Without a doubt, you must have the appropriate set of skills to be one of the well-paid employees of the organization and the CCNP service provider certification has the potential to do so. This is because with it you perceive the name and fame of CCNP, who’s certified candidates usually earn 15% more than that of average employees at the same level.
- Job Opportunities: The certification not only delivers you the best in networking but at the same time benefits you deliver the latest path to grow in this field. This is because with the training you would be aware of both the present and even the expected networking technologies that can be essential for several positions of IT organizations.
If you are interested in earning CCNP Service Provider certification, the market is wide open right now, and hiring managers are looking for qualified and certified professionals to fill their vacated positions. The advantages of earning CCNP Service Provider certification will be worth the dedication and hard work.