A great way to start the Hitachi Vantara Certified Expert - Replication Solutions Architect preparation is to begin by properly appreciating the role that syllabus and study guide play in the Hitachi Vantara HCE-3710 certification exam. This study guide is an instrument to get you on the same page with Hitachi Vantara and understand the nature of the Hitachi Vantara Replication Solutions Architect exam.
Our team of experts has composed this Hitachi Vantara HCE-3710 exam preparation guide to provide the overview about Hitachi Vantara Replication Solutions Architect Expert exam, study material, sample questions, practice exam and ways to interpret the exam objectives to help you assess your readiness for the Hitachi Vantara Replication Solutions Architect exam by identifying prerequisite areas of knowledge. We recommend you to refer the simulation questions and practice test listed in this guide to determine what type of questions will be asked and the level of difficulty that could be tested in the Hitachi Vantara Replication Solutions Architect certification exam.
Hitachi Vantara HCE-3710 Exam Overview:
|Replication Solutions Architect Expert|
|Exam Number||HCE-3710 Replication Solutions Architect|
|Exam Price||$225 USD|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training||TXE0780 Hitachi Vantara Architect - Business Continuity course (6h vILT)|
|Exam Registration||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Hitachi Vantara HCE-3710 Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Hitachi Vantara Certified Expert - Replication Solutions Architect Practice Test|
Hitachi Vantara HCE-3710 Exam Topics:
|Understanding customer's business requirements and assessing the environment||
- Demonstrate which data and applications are being protected.
- Identify the data that needs to be collected prior to designing a solution.
|Understanding replication architectures||
- Describe the concepts of point-in-time copies.
- Describe how to manage point-in-time copies.
- Describe the differences between continuous replication and point-in-time copy.
- Describe the 3-data-center concepts.
- Demonstrate how to design a replication solution that meets the customer's disaster-recovery requirements, and document implementation testing plans.
- Describe how to design replication solutions either with Fibre Channel inter-switch links over distance, or with FCIP channel extenders.
- Identify key elements of workload profiles.
- Describe how to use workload data-collection tools.
- Describe how to analyze and interpret workload data.
|Recommending the appropriate replication solution||
- Identify the replication solution that meets the customer's requirements.
- Demonstrate how to position synchronous-replication solutions.
- Demonstrate how to position global-active device solutions.
- Demonstrate how to position Hitachi Universal Replicator solutions.
- Describe the characteristics and benefits of ShadowImage and Thin Image replication solutions.
- Demonstrate failover recovery techniques with Hitachi replication products.
- Demonstrate failback operations with Hitachi replication products.
- Describe when to integrate SAN extension.
- Demonstrate how to leverage Hitachi replication products with iSCSI.
|Designing remote-replication solutions according to Hitachi Vantara best practices||
- Identify throughput considerations when designing remote-replication solutions.
- Demonstrate the relation between Hitachi Universal Replicator journal overflow and host performance.
- Describe the effects of distance between arrays in synchronous and asynchronous replication.
- Describe Hitachi Vantara best practices for sharing replication links in replication solutions.
- Describe how SOM settings can affect replication behavior.
- Describe considerations when designing replication solutions with Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning and Hitachi Dynamic Tiering.
- Identify the management and implementation methods available for deploying replication solutions.
|Sizing and optimizing replication solutions||
- Describe synchronous bandwidth and performance sizing.
- Describe asynchronous bandwidth and performance sizing.
- Describe point-in-time sizing for capacity and performance.
- Demonstrate how to optimize replication-solution design by avoiding bottlenecks.
- Identify cache sizing considerations for remote replication.
- Identify methods to minimize initial copy time on Hitachi storage systems.
Hitachi Vantara Replication Solutions Architect Exam Description:
This test is designed for Hitachi Vantara employees and partners who architect Hitachi Vantara replication solutions and develop proposals. The test will validate that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills to assess, plan and design solutions proposals that meet the business needs of Hitachi Vantara customers. This includes strong knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara replication solutions and software portfolio, how systems integrate into customer environments and how they can best satisfy the customers' needs and meet their expectations. This test covers data replication software products including Hitachi Universal Replicator, Hitachi Thin Image, Hitachi ShadowImage In-System Replication, Hitachi TrueCopy Remote Replication, and global-active device.