A great way to start the Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional - Storage Administration preparation is to begin by properly appreciating the role that syllabus and study guide play in the Hitachi Vantara HQT-6740 certification exam. This study guide is an instrument to get you on the same page with Hitachi Vantara and understand the nature of the Hitachi Vantara Storage Administration exam.
Our team of experts has composed this Hitachi Vantara HQT-6740 exam preparation guide to provide the overview about Hitachi Vantara Storage Administration Professional exam, study material, sample questions, practice exam and ways to interpret the exam objectives to help you assess your readiness for the Hitachi Vantara Storage Administration exam by identifying prerequisite areas of knowledge. We recommend you to refer the simulation questions and practice test listed in this guide to determine what type of questions will be asked and the level of difficulty that could be tested in the Hitachi Vantara Storage Administration certification exam.
Hitachi Vantara HQT-6740 Exam Overview:
|Storage Administration Professional|
|Exam Number||HQT-6740 Storage Administration|
|Exam Price||$100 USD|
|Number of Questions||35|
|Recommended Training||TSI2565 Managing Hitachi Storage with Hitachi Command Suite v8.x course (5d ILT)|
|Exam Registration||PEARSON VUE|
|Sample Questions||Hitachi Vantara HQT-6740 Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional - Storage Administration Practice Test|
Hitachi Vantara HQT-6740 Exam Topics:
|Hitachi Command Suite fundamentals||
- Describe the benefits of using Hitachi Command Suite to manage Hitachi storage environments.
- Describe the Hitachi Command Suite software framework and its components.
- Describe the Hitachi Device Manager software architecture and functionality.
- Describe the Hitachi Device Manager monitoring capabilities.
|Managing a Hitachi storage environment with Hitachi Device Manager||
- Given a scenario, describe how users are added and permissions are managed with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe the Hitachi Device Manager discovery process.
- Describe how Hitachi Device Manager is used to configure ports on a storage system.
- Describe how to allocate storage with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe when to use host scan with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe how Logical devices (LDEVs/LUNs) are managed with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe how volume paths are managed with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe how Hitachi Command Suite can be used to create reports.
- Describe the usage of volume labeling within Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe how Hitachi Device Manager CLI commands are used to manage Hitachi storage systems.
- Describe the functions of the Device Manager Storage Navigator.
- Describe Global-Active Device concepts.
- Describe Virtual Storage Machines concepts.
|Storage management advanced operations||
- Describe how to manage volumes on external storage with Hitachi Device Manager.
- Describe how to use Hitachi Device Manager to provision dynamic storage volumes.
- Describe how to manage data movement with Hitachi Dynamic Tiering.
|Multi-pathing and load balancing||
- Describe how Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager provides multi-pathing and load balancing.
- Describe the Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager path health-checking functionality.
- Given a scenario, describe how the Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager load-balancing algorithms are used.
- Describe the Hitachi Global Link Manager functionality.
- Describe the Hitachi Command Suite maintenance principles and procedures.
- Describe basic storage-management troubleshooting methodology.
|HCS 8.5.x and SVOS 7.x features||
- Describe the new features of the HCS 8.5x
- Describe the new features of the SVOS 7.x
Hitachi Vantara Storage Administration Exam Description:
This test is primarily designed for Hitachi Vantara customers who use and administer Hitachi storage systems. It is also available to Hitachi Vantara employees and partners. The test will validate that the successful candidate has knowledge of the configuration and management tools, techniques and best practices that relate to all operational aspects of system utilization in a customer environment. The test covers Hitachi Command Suite products and includes basic troubleshooting procedures available to end users.