01. Why is SSH preferred over Telnet as a method of accessing a network device to alter or view the configuration?
a) Telnet encrypts only the login information, not the entire transmission.
b) SSH requires fewer network resources and no additional configuration.
c) Telnet is more difficult to use and configure than SSH.
d) SSH encrypts the login and session information.
02. EtherNet/IP is an Ethernet implementation of which protocol?
b) Industrial Protocol
03. At which Layer would you check ACLs for TCP ports being blocked?
a) Layer 1
b) Layer 2
c) Layer 3
d) Layer 4
04. Which characteristic causes multimode fiber-optic cable to differ from single mode?
a) by allowing multiple network services in the same cable
b) shorter maximum network segment length for a given bandwidth
c) a wider variety of available connector types
d) use outdoors as well as indoors
05. What do deflections indicate to the time domain reflectometer user?
a) They indicate splices, water in the cable, split pairs, and discontinuities or faults.
b) Do not connect live circuit cables to the input of the time domain reflectometer. Connect the cable that is being tested to the cable connector on the front panel of the time domain reflectometer.
c) Upward deflections indicate high-impedance mismatches or opens, and downward deflections indicate shorts or low-impedance mismatches.
d) They are used to select the I/O impedance of the time domain reflectometer. You can select 50, 75, 95, or.125? impedances.
06. How does the optical time domain reflectometer use "backscattered" light to make measurements?
a) It uses pulses to locate and test for sheath faults, damaged conductors, loose connectors, splices, bridge taps, split pairs, and other problems.
b) It performs wire mapping to measure that all pins are correctly connected.
c) It correlates the returned light pulses with a location in the fiber.
d) It measures light-pulse width to measure that all pins are correctly connected.
07. With a Cisco IE 2000 switch, what does a port status LED indicate when it is solid amber?
a) The port is sending or receiving data.
b) A link is present.
c) No link is present.
d) There is a link fault.
e) The port is not forwarding.
08. According to the Purdue Reference Model, at which layer would you perform manufacturing operations and control?
a) Level 0
b) Level 1
c) Level 2
d) Level 3
e) Level 4
09. In which two ways could you minimize the impact of monitoring an industrial network?
a) Send random messages to a device and see what the response is.
b) Do frequent ping sweeps to industrial devices to check for their proper operations.
c) Make a copy of all the network traffic and analyze it offline.
d) Use an industrial-network-grade IDS-IPS system.
10. What is a reason to use user EXEC mode on an industrial switch?
a) to verify commands that you have entered
b) to change terminal settings
c) to configure VLAN parameters
d) to configure parameters that apply to the entire switch