A great way to start the Hitachi Vantara Certified Expert - Performance Architect preparation is to begin by properly appreciating the role that syllabus and study guide play in the Hitachi Vantara HCE-3700 certification exam. This study guide is an instrument to get you on the same page with Hitachi Vantara and understand the nature of the Hitachi Vantara Performance Architect exam.
Our team of experts has composed this Hitachi Vantara HCE-3700 exam preparation guide to provide the overview about Hitachi Vantara Performance Architect Expert exam, study material, sample questions, practice exam and ways to interpret the exam objectives to help you assess your readiness for the Hitachi Vantara Performance Architect exam by identifying prerequisite areas of knowledge. We recommend you to refer the simulation questions and practice test listed in this guide to determine what type of questions will be asked and the level of difficulty that could be tested in the Hitachi Vantara Performance Architect certification exam.
Hitachi Vantara HCE-3700 Exam Overview:
|Performance Architect Expert|
|Exam Number||HCE-3700 Performance Architect|
|Exam Price||$225 USD|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Recommended Training||TSI2597 - Architecting Storage Performance with Hitachi Storage Using Hitachi Command Suite v8.x (5d ILT/vILT)|
|Exam Registration||Kryterion Webassessor|
|Sample Questions||Hitachi Vantara HCE-3700 Sample Questions|
|Practice Exam||Hitachi Vantara Certified Expert - Performance Architect Practice Test|
Hitachi Vantara HCE-3700 Exam Topics:
|Storage Systems Architecture||
- Describe common performance expectations and measurement criteria.
- Describe storage media characteristics and features that influence performance.
- Identify the performance characteristics of the different RAID levels available with Hitachi storage systems.
- Identify the characteristics of Hitachi storage systems processing and path architecture that relate to performance optimization.
- Identify the characteristics of Hitachi storage systems cache architecture that relate to performance optimization.
- Demonstrate understanding of connectivity between the host and the storage array as it relates to performance.
|Pools, Tiers and Workload Profiles||
- Identify the performance-related data to be collected prior to a design.
- Describe the characteristics and principles of tiering and non-tiering pools, and how to choose between them.
- Demonstrate understanding of workload profiling for the design of storage pools and tiers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning and Hitachi Dynamic Tiering concepts as they relate to customer requirements.
- Demonstrate how to define and apply Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning strategies, and how to monitor performance to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Demonstrate how to define and apply Hitachi Dynamic Tiering strategies, and how to monitor performance to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Describe Hitachi Vantara recommended practices for the deployment of virtualized storage solutions.
- Describe the performance aspects of cache partitions as they relate to virtualized storage solutions.
- Demonstrate the performance aspects of Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning with virtualized storage solutions.
- Demonstrate the performance aspects of Hitachi Dynamic Tiering with virtualized storage solutions.
|Performance Tools and Data Acquisition||
- Identify industry-standard tools used for performance-data monitoring, data collection, data analysis and workload simulation.
- Demonstrate how to apply workload profile information to industry-standard workload generators.
- Describe the performance and configuration data that Hitachi Performance Monitor and Hitachi Tuning Manager collect.
- Demonstrate how to review Hitachi Dynamic Tiering performance data from Hitachi Performance Monitor and Hitachi Tuning Manager.
- Describe the data to be collected to size Hitachi storage solutions to meet customer performance requirements and utilization expectations.
- Describe the data to be collected when planning for capacity growth and performance for Hitachi storage systems.
|Solution Design and Deployment Planning||
- Describe Hitachi Vantara recommended design practices when sizing and configuring Hitachi storage systems for industry-standard database applications.
- Describe Hitachi Vantara recommended design practices when sizing and configuring Hitachi storage systems for non-database application workloads.
- Demonstrate your ability to configure Hitachi storage system capacity for planned growth while maintaining the customer's performance requirements.
- Describe how path management software load-balancing algorithms are used tooptimize storage performance.
- Describe concepts of logical devices, LUNs per port, and queuing as they relate to performance.
|Monitoring and Troubleshooting||
- Describe common,generic principles/concepts used to analyze performance data, isolate bottlenecks andtroubleshoot performance-related problems.
- Describe the Hitachi products and services that are available to investigate and identify performance problems.
- Describe how to analyze performance data, isolate bottlenecks and troubleshoot performance-related problems of Hitachi storage systems.
- Describe how to recognize a replication-related performance problem.
- Describe how to troubleshoot performance issues outside of the storage array.
Hitachi Vantara Performance Architect Exam Description:
This test is designed for Hitachi Vantara employees and partners who architect and support Hitachi Vantara storage solutions. The test validates that the successful candidate has knowledge of storage performance concepts, Hitachi storage performance tools and products, and standard performance-analysis tools and procedures. The test also covers recommended deployment principles and practicesas well as performance-troubleshooting and bottleneck-analysis techniques. The product lines covered include Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform midrange family (VSP Gx00and VSP Fx00) and Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G1000 (VSP G1000).